Snow, rain dip mercury in Himachal
Shimla: Snowfall and rain pushed down the temperatures by several notches in Himachal Pradesh on Friday. The weatherman said the state will not see any snow or rain in the coming days.
While Shimla saw light rainfall over the past 24 hours, nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda experienced mild spells of snowfall, according to a Met official here.
The nearby tourist resort of Manali too received snow.
The high altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla got moderate snow, the official said.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, recorded 2 cm of snow, while it was 1.5 cm thick in Kalpa in Kinnaur district.
Most hill stations, including Kasauli, Dharamsala, Manali, Chamba and Dalhousie, were hit by intermittent rain.
The night temperature in Keylong, the state`s coldest place, was down by 3.2 degrees Celsius compared to Thursday`s minus 0.7 degree.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 3.5 degrees, while the temperature was minus one degree in Manali, the season`s lowest, and 7.6 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 2.7 degrees, a fall from Thursday`s 6.1 degrees Celsius. The maximum stayed at 13.2 degrees on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport