Snow, rain dip mercury in Himachal
Shimla: Snowfall and rain pushed down the temperatures by several notches in Himachal Pradesh on Friday. The weatherman said the state will not see any snow or rain in the coming days.
While Shimla saw light rainfall over the past 24 hours, nearby places like Kufri and Narkanda experienced mild spells of snowfall, according to a Met official here.
The nearby tourist resort of Manali too received snow.
The high altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla got moderate snow, the official said.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, recorded 2 cm of snow, while it was 1.5 cm thick in Kalpa in Kinnaur district.
Most hill stations, including Kasauli, Dharamsala, Manali, Chamba and Dalhousie, were hit by intermittent rain.
The night temperature in Keylong, the state`s coldest place, was down by 3.2 degrees Celsius compared to Thursday`s minus 0.7 degree.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 3.5 degrees, while the temperature was minus one degree in Manali, the season`s lowest, and 7.6 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 2.7 degrees, a fall from Thursday`s 6.1 degrees Celsius. The maximum stayed at 13.2 degrees on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state