Snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Intermittent rains and snow triggered revival of intense cold wave conditions in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh on Monday.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 6.2 degree and minus 2.2 degree, five degree below normal while Manali and Bhuntar shivered at 0.6 degree and 4.3 degree.
The minimum temperature dipped to 5.7 degree C at Shimla which received 12.2 mm of rains while Mehre in Hamirpur district was the wettest in the region with 75 mm rains.
Keylong recorded 33 cm of fresh snowfall while Kalpa had 24 cm snow.
The minimum temperatures plummeted in most parts of the state.
The local MeT office predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills and rains at isolated places in higher hills during next 48 hours and rains and snow across the state from March 27 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP