Snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Intermittent rains and snow triggered revival of intense cold wave conditions in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh on Monday.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 6.2 degree and minus 2.2 degree, five degree below normal while Manali and Bhuntar shivered at 0.6 degree and 4.3 degree.
The minimum temperature dipped to 5.7 degree C at Shimla which received 12.2 mm of rains while Mehre in Hamirpur district was the wettest in the region with 75 mm rains.
Keylong recorded 33 cm of fresh snowfall while Kalpa had 24 cm snow.
The minimum temperatures plummeted in most parts of the state.
The local MeT office predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills and rains at isolated places in higher hills during next 48 hours and rains and snow across the state from March 27 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof