Snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Intermittent rains and snow triggered revival of intense cold wave conditions in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh on Monday.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 6.2 degree and minus 2.2 degree, five degree below normal while Manali and Bhuntar shivered at 0.6 degree and 4.3 degree.
The minimum temperature dipped to 5.7 degree C at Shimla which received 12.2 mm of rains while Mehre in Hamirpur district was the wettest in the region with 75 mm rains.
Keylong recorded 33 cm of fresh snowfall while Kalpa had 24 cm snow.
The minimum temperatures plummeted in most parts of the state.
The local MeT office predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills and rains at isolated places in higher hills during next 48 hours and rains and snow across the state from March 27 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`