Snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Intermittent rains and snow triggered revival of intense cold wave conditions in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh on Monday.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 6.2 degree and minus 2.2 degree, five degree below normal while Manali and Bhuntar shivered at 0.6 degree and 4.3 degree.
The minimum temperature dipped to 5.7 degree C at Shimla which received 12.2 mm of rains while Mehre in Hamirpur district was the wettest in the region with 75 mm rains.
Keylong recorded 33 cm of fresh snowfall while Kalpa had 24 cm snow.
The minimum temperatures plummeted in most parts of the state.
The local MeT office predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills and rains at isolated places in higher hills during next 48 hours and rains and snow across the state from March 27 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?