Snow, rain in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Intermittent rains and snow triggered revival of intense cold wave conditions in tribal areas and other higher hills of Himachal Pradesh on Monday.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 6.2 degree and minus 2.2 degree, five degree below normal while Manali and Bhuntar shivered at 0.6 degree and 4.3 degree.
The minimum temperature dipped to 5.7 degree C at Shimla which received 12.2 mm of rains while Mehre in Hamirpur district was the wettest in the region with 75 mm rains.
Keylong recorded 33 cm of fresh snowfall while Kalpa had 24 cm snow.
The minimum temperatures plummeted in most parts of the state.
The local MeT office predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills and rains at isolated places in higher hills during next 48 hours and rains and snow across the state from March 27 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?