Snowfall in higher reaches of Chamoli, Uttarkashi
Gopeshwar: Higher reaches of
Garhwal Himalayas in Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts today
received heavy snowfall this morning, triggering intense cold
in the hill state.
The higher reaches of the Himalayas around Chamoli and
Uttarkashi districts turned white with snow while lower areas
experienced lashed by light to moderate rainfall.
The snowfall brought cheers for farmers as this helps
cultivation of apple and plum.
Chandra Singh Rana, a fruit grower of the area, said
snowfall in December is very good for production of good
The sky in the state capital Dehra Dun remained
overcast and the minimum temperature was recorded at 11 degree
C. Met office said the sky would be clear in the next 24 hours
which would further push the mercury down by two to three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway