Snowfall in higher reaches of Chamoli, Uttarkashi
Gopeshwar: Higher reaches of
Garhwal Himalayas in Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts today
received heavy snowfall this morning, triggering intense cold
in the hill state.
The higher reaches of the Himalayas around Chamoli and
Uttarkashi districts turned white with snow while lower areas
experienced lashed by light to moderate rainfall.
The snowfall brought cheers for farmers as this helps
cultivation of apple and plum.
Chandra Singh Rana, a fruit grower of the area, said
snowfall in December is very good for production of good
The sky in the state capital Dehra Dun remained
overcast and the minimum temperature was recorded at 11 degree
C. Met office said the sky would be clear in the next 24 hours
which would further push the mercury down by two to three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?