Snowfall in higher reaches of Chamoli, Uttarkashi
Gopeshwar: Higher reaches of
Garhwal Himalayas in Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts today
received heavy snowfall this morning, triggering intense cold
in the hill state.
The higher reaches of the Himalayas around Chamoli and
Uttarkashi districts turned white with snow while lower areas
experienced lashed by light to moderate rainfall.
The snowfall brought cheers for farmers as this helps
cultivation of apple and plum.
Chandra Singh Rana, a fruit grower of the area, said
snowfall in December is very good for production of good
The sky in the state capital Dehra Dun remained
overcast and the minimum temperature was recorded at 11 degree
C. Met office said the sky would be clear in the next 24 hours
which would further push the mercury down by two to three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray