Snowfall, rains lash upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Fresh snowfall in the upper reaches, coupled with mild rains in some areas brought down the temperature in higher and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh.
State capital Shimla was lashed by high velocity winds, accompanied by mild showers, with the sky remaining heavily overcast throughout the day.
The mighty Rohtang Pass, gateway to tribal Lahaul and Pangi valleys which was opened for traffic four days back, was again blocked for some time last night, stranding nearly 300 persons.
Keylong in Lahaul valley recorded 10 cm of fresh snow and 8 mm rains during past 24 hours, while Kalpa and Manali had 11 mm and 4 mm of rains.
The minimum temperature dipped to 1.5 and 5.6 degrees in Keylong and Kalpa, while it stayed at 8 degree at Manali after rains and snow.
A Met official said a fresh Western disturbance is likely to be active again in the western Himalayas from May 10, bringing more rain and thundershowers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB