Snowfall, rains lash upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Fresh snowfall in the upper reaches, coupled with mild rains in some areas brought down the temperature in higher and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh.
State capital Shimla was lashed by high velocity winds, accompanied by mild showers, with the sky remaining heavily overcast throughout the day.
The mighty Rohtang Pass, gateway to tribal Lahaul and Pangi valleys which was opened for traffic four days back, was again blocked for some time last night, stranding nearly 300 persons.
Keylong in Lahaul valley recorded 10 cm of fresh snow and 8 mm rains during past 24 hours, while Kalpa and Manali had 11 mm and 4 mm of rains.
The minimum temperature dipped to 1.5 and 5.6 degrees in Keylong and Kalpa, while it stayed at 8 degree at Manali after rains and snow.
A Met official said a fresh Western disturbance is likely to be active again in the western Himalayas from May 10, bringing more rain and thundershowers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!