Snowfall, rains lash upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Fresh snowfall in the upper reaches, coupled with mild rains in some areas brought down the temperature in higher and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh.
State capital Shimla was lashed by high velocity winds, accompanied by mild showers, with the sky remaining heavily overcast throughout the day.
The mighty Rohtang Pass, gateway to tribal Lahaul and Pangi valleys which was opened for traffic four days back, was again blocked for some time last night, stranding nearly 300 persons.
Keylong in Lahaul valley recorded 10 cm of fresh snow and 8 mm rains during past 24 hours, while Kalpa and Manali had 11 mm and 4 mm of rains.
The minimum temperature dipped to 1.5 and 5.6 degrees in Keylong and Kalpa, while it stayed at 8 degree at Manali after rains and snow.
A Met official said a fresh Western disturbance is likely to be active again in the western Himalayas from May 10, bringing more rain and thundershowers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed