Snowfall, rains lash upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Fresh snowfall in the upper reaches, coupled with mild rains in some areas brought down the temperature in higher and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh.
State capital Shimla was lashed by high velocity winds, accompanied by mild showers, with the sky remaining heavily overcast throughout the day.
The mighty Rohtang Pass, gateway to tribal Lahaul and Pangi valleys which was opened for traffic four days back, was again blocked for some time last night, stranding nearly 300 persons.
Keylong in Lahaul valley recorded 10 cm of fresh snow and 8 mm rains during past 24 hours, while Kalpa and Manali had 11 mm and 4 mm of rains.
The minimum temperature dipped to 1.5 and 5.6 degrees in Keylong and Kalpa, while it stayed at 8 degree at Manali after rains and snow.
A Met official said a fresh Western disturbance is likely to be active again in the western Himalayas from May 10, bringing more rain and thundershowers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali