Solan, Kullu to be covered under DBT scheme from July
Shimla: Solan and Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh would be covered under Direct Bank Transfer Scheme from July in addition to Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Mandi and Una districts that have already been included in the scheme, state Chief Secretary S Roy said.
He said the benefits would be directly credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Aadhar platform which would bring more efficiency and transparency in the system.
However, there was need for re-engineering various processes relating to conceptuality of the scheme digitising data, enrollment of Aadhar and opening bank accounts, etc.
He expressed satisfaction that the banks in the State had surpassed five National parameters out of six stipulated by Reserve Bank of India and during the year 2012-13, made fresh disbursement to the tune of Rs 6,260 crore to 3.34 lakh new beneficiaries, achieving 93 per cent of target up to December, 2012.
He said that the decisions taken by the government must be implemented in right perspective for the welfare of common people and also support infrastructural facilities, particularly the initiatives announced in the Budget relating to banking sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!