Solan, Kullu to be covered under DBT scheme from July
Shimla: Solan and Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh would be covered under Direct Bank Transfer Scheme from July in addition to Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Mandi and Una districts that have already been included in the scheme, state Chief Secretary S Roy said.
He said the benefits would be directly credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Aadhar platform which would bring more efficiency and transparency in the system.
However, there was need for re-engineering various processes relating to conceptuality of the scheme digitising data, enrollment of Aadhar and opening bank accounts, etc.
He expressed satisfaction that the banks in the State had surpassed five National parameters out of six stipulated by Reserve Bank of India and during the year 2012-13, made fresh disbursement to the tune of Rs 6,260 crore to 3.34 lakh new beneficiaries, achieving 93 per cent of target up to December, 2012.
He said that the decisions taken by the government must be implemented in right perspective for the welfare of common people and also support infrastructural facilities, particularly the initiatives announced in the Budget relating to banking sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened