Solan, Kullu to be covered under DBT scheme from July
Shimla: Solan and Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh would be covered under Direct Bank Transfer Scheme from July in addition to Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Mandi and Una districts that have already been included in the scheme, state Chief Secretary S Roy said.
He said the benefits would be directly credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Aadhar platform which would bring more efficiency and transparency in the system.
However, there was need for re-engineering various processes relating to conceptuality of the scheme digitising data, enrollment of Aadhar and opening bank accounts, etc.
He expressed satisfaction that the banks in the State had surpassed five National parameters out of six stipulated by Reserve Bank of India and during the year 2012-13, made fresh disbursement to the tune of Rs 6,260 crore to 3.34 lakh new beneficiaries, achieving 93 per cent of target up to December, 2012.
He said that the decisions taken by the government must be implemented in right perspective for the welfare of common people and also support infrastructural facilities, particularly the initiatives announced in the Budget relating to banking sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors