Solan, Kullu to be covered under DBT scheme from July
Shimla: Solan and Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh would be covered under Direct Bank Transfer Scheme from July in addition to Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Mandi and Una districts that have already been included in the scheme, state Chief Secretary S Roy said.
He said the benefits would be directly credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Aadhar platform which would bring more efficiency and transparency in the system.
However, there was need for re-engineering various processes relating to conceptuality of the scheme digitising data, enrollment of Aadhar and opening bank accounts, etc.
He expressed satisfaction that the banks in the State had surpassed five National parameters out of six stipulated by Reserve Bank of India and during the year 2012-13, made fresh disbursement to the tune of Rs 6,260 crore to 3.34 lakh new beneficiaries, achieving 93 per cent of target up to December, 2012.
He said that the decisions taken by the government must be implemented in right perspective for the welfare of common people and also support infrastructural facilities, particularly the initiatives announced in the Budget relating to banking sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP