Special arrangements for Navratri in HP
Dharamshala: Special arrangements are being made in Himachal Pradesh for the nine-day Navratri festival, where thousands of pilgrims are expected to visit the three Shaktipeeths, a senior official said.
All arrangements for the security and law and order besides accommodation, health care and sanitation and other facilities for the visiting pilgrims are being made, Kangra Deputy Commissioner C Palrasu said.
Every year thousands of pilgrims visit the three Shakti peeths of Bajjreshwari, Jawalamukhi and Chamunda in the state everyday. "In order to maintain proper sanitation in the temple towns, 300 workers have been put on duty in each town," he added.
Palrasu said that a ban has been imposed in the three temple towns under section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code prohibiting people to carry fire arms, sharp-edged weapons and explosive material during the Navratri festival.
As the three shrines are only connected through roads, special arrangements are made to regularise the traffic, said Balbir Thakur SSP Kangra at Dharamsala.
Enough parking space has been provided for vehicles in all the three Shakti peeths in the district, he said.
"The police has also installed closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras at the temples to manage the crowd," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika Padukone
- Chhatisgarh to ban commercial vehicles over 10-12 years old