Special arrangements for Navratri in HP
Dharamshala: Special arrangements are being made in Himachal Pradesh for the nine-day Navratri festival, where thousands of pilgrims are expected to visit the three Shaktipeeths, a senior official said.
All arrangements for the security and law and order besides accommodation, health care and sanitation and other facilities for the visiting pilgrims are being made, Kangra Deputy Commissioner C Palrasu said.
Every year thousands of pilgrims visit the three Shakti peeths of Bajjreshwari, Jawalamukhi and Chamunda in the state everyday. "In order to maintain proper sanitation in the temple towns, 300 workers have been put on duty in each town," he added.
Palrasu said that a ban has been imposed in the three temple towns under section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code prohibiting people to carry fire arms, sharp-edged weapons and explosive material during the Navratri festival.
As the three shrines are only connected through roads, special arrangements are made to regularise the traffic, said Balbir Thakur SSP Kangra at Dharamsala.
Enough parking space has been provided for vehicles in all the three Shakti peeths in the district, he said.
"The police has also installed closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras at the temples to manage the crowd," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report