Spice Jet to start operations from Dharamsala
Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh): To cater to the increasing demand of the passengers, private carrier Spice Jet will start operations from the Gaggal Airport here.
The airline will soon launch a service between the town and Delhi via Chandigarh, state Urban Development, Town and Country Planning Minister Sudhir Sharma said.
Sharma said a technical survey has been already conducted by the experts for the purpose.
The move assumes significance as Dharamsala, also the seat of Tibetan spiritual guru Dalai Lama, recently emerged on the cricketing map of the country.
The last one day international of the recently concluded India-England cricket series was played at the HPCA Stadium here on January 27.
Operations at the airport were halted in October last after the only service provider Kingfisher had grounded its fleet following employee issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit