Spice Jet to start operations from Dharamsala
Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh): To cater to the increasing demand of the passengers, private carrier Spice Jet will start operations from the Gaggal Airport here.
The airline will soon launch a service between the town and Delhi via Chandigarh, state Urban Development, Town and Country Planning Minister Sudhir Sharma said.
Sharma said a technical survey has been already conducted by the experts for the purpose.
The move assumes significance as Dharamsala, also the seat of Tibetan spiritual guru Dalai Lama, recently emerged on the cricketing map of the country.
The last one day international of the recently concluded India-England cricket series was played at the HPCA Stadium here on January 27.
Operations at the airport were halted in October last after the only service provider Kingfisher had grounded its fleet following employee issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill