Spice Jet to start operations from Dharamsala
Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh): To cater to the increasing demand of the passengers, private carrier Spice Jet will start operations from the Gaggal Airport here.
The airline will soon launch a service between the town and Delhi via Chandigarh, state Urban Development, Town and Country Planning Minister Sudhir Sharma said.
Sharma said a technical survey has been already conducted by the experts for the purpose.
The move assumes significance as Dharamsala, also the seat of Tibetan spiritual guru Dalai Lama, recently emerged on the cricketing map of the country.
The last one day international of the recently concluded India-England cricket series was played at the HPCA Stadium here on January 27.
Operations at the airport were halted in October last after the only service provider Kingfisher had grounded its fleet following employee issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city