Sunny but snow blankets Shimla, Manali
Shimla: It was a bright sunny day Sunday in Himachal Pradesh with overnight snow turning Shimla and Manali more picturesque.
"It was bright and sunny after three days of widespread snow and rain," an official of the Met Office told a news agency.
The minimum temperature was 2.2 degrees Celsius in Shimla, which saw 17.8 mm of rain.
Shimla`s nearby destinations like Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda experienced moderate snowfall in the past 24 hours.
Snow could be seen in certain areas of Shimla like the Mall Road, the Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest in the state at a minimum of minus 6.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was minus one degree in Manali and 6.6 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US