Sunny but snow blankets Shimla, Manali
Shimla: It was a bright sunny day Sunday in Himachal Pradesh with overnight snow turning Shimla and Manali more picturesque.
"It was bright and sunny after three days of widespread snow and rain," an official of the Met Office told a news agency.
The minimum temperature was 2.2 degrees Celsius in Shimla, which saw 17.8 mm of rain.
Shimla`s nearby destinations like Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda experienced moderate snowfall in the past 24 hours.
Snow could be seen in certain areas of Shimla like the Mall Road, the Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest in the state at a minimum of minus 6.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was minus one degree in Manali and 6.6 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report