Sunny but snow blankets Shimla, Manali
Shimla: It was a bright sunny day Sunday in Himachal Pradesh with overnight snow turning Shimla and Manali more picturesque.
"It was bright and sunny after three days of widespread snow and rain," an official of the Met Office told a news agency.
The minimum temperature was 2.2 degrees Celsius in Shimla, which saw 17.8 mm of rain.
Shimla`s nearby destinations like Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda experienced moderate snowfall in the past 24 hours.
Snow could be seen in certain areas of Shimla like the Mall Road, the Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest in the state at a minimum of minus 6.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was minus one degree in Manali and 6.6 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC