Sunny but snow blankets Shimla, Manali
Shimla: It was a bright sunny day Sunday in Himachal Pradesh with overnight snow turning Shimla and Manali more picturesque.
"It was bright and sunny after three days of widespread snow and rain," an official of the Met Office told a news agency.
The minimum temperature was 2.2 degrees Celsius in Shimla, which saw 17.8 mm of rain.
Shimla`s nearby destinations like Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda experienced moderate snowfall in the past 24 hours.
Snow could be seen in certain areas of Shimla like the Mall Road, the Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest in the state at a minimum of minus 6.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was minus one degree in Manali and 6.6 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!