Sunny but snow blankets Shimla, Manali
Shimla: It was a bright sunny day Sunday in Himachal Pradesh with overnight snow turning Shimla and Manali more picturesque.
"It was bright and sunny after three days of widespread snow and rain," an official of the Met Office told a news agency.
The minimum temperature was 2.2 degrees Celsius in Shimla, which saw 17.8 mm of rain.
Shimla`s nearby destinations like Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda experienced moderate snowfall in the past 24 hours.
Snow could be seen in certain areas of Shimla like the Mall Road, the Ridge, the US Club and Jakhu hills.
Keylong, the district headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest in the state at a minimum of minus 6.9 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw a low of minus 5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was minus one degree in Manali and 6.6 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube