Swine flu surfaces again in Himachal
Shimla: A new swine flu case has been reported in Himachal Pradesh after a gap of over a month, a health department official said Wednesday.
With this, the number of Influenza A (H1N1) cases in the state has risen to 45.
"A 54-year-old man was admitted to Shimla`s Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital Tuesday. His samples tested positive for swine flu," Swine Flu Nodal Officer Vinod Mehta said.
He said the patient was from Rohru in Shimla district.
So far, 16 people have died and 45 tested positive for the H1N1 virus in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur