Swine flu surfaces again in Himachal
Shimla: A new swine flu case has been reported in Himachal Pradesh after a gap of over a month, a health department official said Wednesday.
With this, the number of Influenza A (H1N1) cases in the state has risen to 45.
"A 54-year-old man was admitted to Shimla`s Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital Tuesday. His samples tested positive for swine flu," Swine Flu Nodal Officer Vinod Mehta said.
He said the patient was from Rohru in Shimla district.
So far, 16 people have died and 45 tested positive for the H1N1 virus in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off