Teacher gets 8 years jail for raping minor girl in HP
Hamirpur: A local court on Friday sentenced a school teacher to eight years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 in a rape case committed in March last year.
A class VIII student of the Government School, Kiyarabagh in Hamirpur district had lodged a complaint in Badsar police on June 2 last year, that a teacher had raped her on March 24 and was repeatedly harassing her.
The victim had stopped going to school and narrated the whole story to her parents. The girl`s parents immediately lodged a complaint and a case of rape was registered.
District Attorney JC Rana said, after deposition of 21 witnesses in the case, the accused teacher Manoj Kumar was held guilty of the crime and sentenced to eight years imprisonment.
Meanwhile, Hamirpur police today arrested four youths of Batwara village in the district for allegedly outraging the modesty of a girl travelling in a bus.
The girl, hailing from Khaggal village, was on her way from Masyana to Khaggal when the accused identified as Sintu, Raju, Ajay and Deepak, tried to molest her.
Hamirpur District Police chief Jagat Ram said, the accused have been arrested and a case under sections 354, 506, 34 of Indian Penal Code have been registered against them.
According to the girl`s statement, when she resisted, all four threatened to kill her.
Further investigation into the case was in progress, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered