Temperature dips below 20 deg C in parts of Himachal
Shimla: The biting cold wave conditions remained unabated in Himachal Pradesh as temperature in some parts of the state dipped below 20 degree Celsius.
The high altitude tribal areas, covered under 150 to 180 cm thick blanket of snow, shivered under arctic conditions with minimum temperatures staying between minus 18 and minus 28 deg C, paralysing normal life.
Tribal areas reeled under bone chilling cold with Keylong recording a low of minus 17 deg C.
The vehicular traffic remained disrupted in upper areas of Shimla, Kullu, Chamba and Sirmaur districts. Several areas, including Jubbal, Kotkhai, Rohroo, Kinnaur, Narkanda, Dodra-Kwar, Lahaul, Spiti, Pin and Hangrang tribal valleys, Solang nallah and Sarahan remained cut off from rest of the state.
Slippery road conditions in Shimla and other places made walking perilous for pedestrians and at least two dozen persons sustained fractured and other injuries.
Kalpa in tribal Kinnaur district recorded minimum temperature at minus 9.2 deg, while Manali shivered under unusual cold conditions with mercury dipping to minus 6 deg, followed by Bhuntar minus 1 deg, Solan and Sundernagar minus 0.7 deg, Shimla 1.6 deg Palampur 2.7 deg, Una 3 deg and Nahan and Dharmasala 4.5 deg, 3 deg below normal.
Maximum day temperatures rose marginally as bright sun shone over the region and Una was hottest in the region with a maximum of 23 deg while Sundernagar recorded a high of 20 deg, folflowed by Dharamsala 18.4 deg, Solan 18 deg, Bhuntar 17.8 deg, Nahan 15.8 deg and Shimla 13 deg C.
The MeT office here has predicted dry weather in the state during the next 48 hours inspite of a fresh feeble Western Disturbance (WD) as an upper air system likely to affect the western Himalayan region from tomorrow onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA