Thousands of devotees witness Rath Yatra in Himachal
Shimla: Thousands of devotees on Sunday witnessed the world famous annual Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath at Hamirpur and Nahan amid religious fervour and chanting of mantras.
The Rath Yatras of the three deities - Lord Jagannath, Maan Subhadra and Lord Baldev - was held amid tight security and thousands of devotees - including former Chief Minister
Prem Kumar Dhumal participated in the Yatra with fanfare and enthusiasm.
The yatra will end at Dangri village after traversing?through various parts of the Hamirpur town covering a distance of about 22 kilometers.
Earlier in the day, the week-long Bhagwad Katha concluded at the local Shiva temple where a community kitchen was also prepared for the devotees.
At Nahan, the Jagganath Rath Yatra took off from historic Nahan Chowgan ground amid the chanting of vedic mantras and concluded peacefully at the ancient Shri Jaggan Nath temple in the evening.
After the week-long rituals, the palanquin of Lord Jaggan Nath was taken in Chariot bedecked with flowers to Nahan Chowgan from the Lord Jagannath`s 370-years old temple located at the Bara Chowk in the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss