Three Himachal students killed in road mishap
Shimla: Three engineering students of Himachal Pradesh University were killed on Saturday when their car rolled down into a 1000 feet deep gorge in the Summer Hill area near their campus.
The deceased were identified as Arpit Sharma (22), Shorya Sood (22) and Rohit Bhatia (23), all students of B.Tech (final) year, police said.
While one of them died on the spot, two other students succumbed on way to hospital, they said.
The locals informed police about the accident, and the victims were identified from their examination admit cards.
Police suspect the mishap might have occurred due to over-speeding when the students were driving down the hill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’