Three Himachal students killed in road mishap
Shimla: Three engineering students of Himachal Pradesh University were killed on Saturday when their car rolled down into a 1000 feet deep gorge in the Summer Hill area near their campus.
The deceased were identified as Arpit Sharma (22), Shorya Sood (22) and Rohit Bhatia (23), all students of B.Tech (final) year, police said.
While one of them died on the spot, two other students succumbed on way to hospital, they said.
The locals informed police about the accident, and the victims were identified from their examination admit cards.
Police suspect the mishap might have occurred due to over-speeding when the students were driving down the hill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir