Three-member BJP panel slams Uttarakhand govt for flood tragedy
Dehradun: BJP on Friday slammed the Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand for having failed to adequately deal with last month`s natural disaster in the state, saying that but for the administration`s failures, many more lives could have been saved.
BJP had set up a three-member committee led by Uma Bharti to assess the damage caused by the disaster.
The BJP panel said that among the more glaring failures of the state government had been the absence of any alerts even after the first three days of heavy rainfall before June 15-16.
But Bharti promised all help from BJP to the state administration as it tries to provide relief in the affected areas.
The other members on the BJP team were party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
The panel said they would soon prepare a detailed report on their survey of the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report