Three-member BJP panel slams Uttarakhand govt for flood tragedy
Dehradun: BJP on Friday slammed the Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand for having failed to adequately deal with last month`s natural disaster in the state, saying that but for the administration`s failures, many more lives could have been saved.
BJP had set up a three-member committee led by Uma Bharti to assess the damage caused by the disaster.
The BJP panel said that among the more glaring failures of the state government had been the absence of any alerts even after the first three days of heavy rainfall before June 15-16.
But Bharti promised all help from BJP to the state administration as it tries to provide relief in the affected areas.
The other members on the BJP team were party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
The panel said they would soon prepare a detailed report on their survey of the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand