Three-member BJP panel slams Uttarakhand govt for flood tragedy
Dehradun: BJP on Friday slammed the Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand for having failed to adequately deal with last month`s natural disaster in the state, saying that but for the administration`s failures, many more lives could have been saved.
BJP had set up a three-member committee led by Uma Bharti to assess the damage caused by the disaster.
The BJP panel said that among the more glaring failures of the state government had been the absence of any alerts even after the first three days of heavy rainfall before June 15-16.
But Bharti promised all help from BJP to the state administration as it tries to provide relief in the affected areas.
The other members on the BJP team were party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
The panel said they would soon prepare a detailed report on their survey of the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?