Thunderstorm, rains lash parts of Himachal, mercury falls
Shimla: Several parts of Himachal Pradesh
were on Tuesday lashed by thunderstorm and intermittent rains,
bringing down the temperature.
Strong velocity winds, followed by sharp showers and
thunderstorms, continued to lash the region for more than 12
hours, arresting the rising trend in mercury.
The minimum and maximum temperatures dropped by two to
three degrees across the state and Una which was hottest in
the region, recorded a high of 39.2 degree against 41.1 degree
yesterday while Shimla recorded a high of 25 degree and low
of 11.4 degree, five degree below normal.
Local MeT office forecast more rains at isolated places in
Himachal and northern region due to fresh western disturbance
lying over north Pakistan and adjoining J&K.
The weatherman said rain or snow was likely to occur at
isolated areas in higher reaches and isolated rains in mid and
lower hills during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH