Tibetans Special General meeting to start from Sep 25
Shimla: The second Special General meeting of Tibetans would be held at Dharamsala from September 25 to 28 to discuss the critical issues of self immolations by Tibetans in Tibet, and taking up the Tibet issue with new Chinese leadership.
The decision to convene the meeting was taken jointly by the Kashag (cabinet) and the Tibetan Parliament-in-exile during its two day session on September 14 and 15.
Penpa Tsering, Speaker of the Tibetan parliament, claimed over 51 Tibetans have set themselves on fire in Tibet and their family members are living under an "extremely difficult" situation but the Chinese government, instead of looking into real causes, has exacerbated the crisis by stepping up military crackdown in the Tibetan areas.
The special session would discuss this issue in detail and also work out the strategy as to how to handle the new Chinese leadership to peacefully resolve the Tibet issue.
Tsering said "there is no clarity on how the new Chinese leadership will handle the crisis in Tibet and in order to resolve the issue of Tibet through dialogue with the Chinese government, Tibetans in exile must sustain our movement to draw the world attention to the plight of Tibetans in Tibet".
"We need to strengthen our campaigns as no concrete action has come from the international community in view of the urgency of the situation in Tibet," he had said while addressing the Parliament.
More than 400 Tibetan delegates from across the world will be attending the special meeting to discuss ways and means to deal with the urgent and critical situation inside Tibet and the viewers can watch the live webcast of the opening session on September 25, and Tenshug (long life prayer for His Holiness and Dalai Lama) ceremony and closing session on September 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?