TMC keen to contest all 68 assembly seats in Himachal
Shimla: Trinmool Congress on Saturday said it is keen to contest all 68 assembly seats in Himachal Pradesh assembly to emerge as an alternative to BJP and Congress.
"People want change and are looking for third option and we are keen to field candidates on all 68 seats subject to availability of winning candidates with clean image," K D Singh, MP and incharge of northern states, told reporters here.
Accusing BJP and Congress of being "corrupt and power hungry", Singh said that TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee was the only leader in the country with clean image and dedicated to poor and claimed that the response of the people to ideology and programmes of the party was very encouraging.
"The slogan of Maa, Mati and Manus" (mother, motherland and people) given by Mamata Banerjee is catching up with the people who want new dynamic leadership, dedicated to country and its people and we have no doubt about TMC emerging as main political force in Himachal," he said.
Singh, who addressed party rally at Theog in Shimla district 32 km from here, declared state party president Pramod Sharma as candidate from the seat against leader of the opposition in assembly Vidya Stokes.
When asked about accommodating candidates discarded by Congress and BJP, he said that and any candidate with a clean image would be welcome.
Alleging that both the BJP and Congress were two sides of the same coin and had done nothing for the people, Singh said that "no development has taken place in the state and the condition of roads was pathetic".
Opposing FDI in retail, he said that it would not only eliminate Indian traders and hit the farmers but also dwindle employment opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray