Toll free `Women Helpline` be introduced in HP
Shimla: To ensure safety of women and protect them against atrocities, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to start a `Women Help Line` with a toll free number within a month.
"Women safety is our top priority and women in trouble can immediately dial 108 from the spot, but this Helpline will be exclusively for assisting the women and we are working on its early launch," Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil said on Friday.
"Martial arts apart, I have been taking up this issue at the national level as well and pleaded that National Cadet Corps (NCC) should be made mandatory right from secondary school level," he said.
He said the Social Justice department would ensure the participation of community, gram panchayats and mahila mandals in better implementation of the social welfare schemes.
The minister said the government would focus on strengthening of over 18,000 anganwari centres and will put in efforts to bring qualitative improvement in them and make them child friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling