Toll free `Women Helpline` be introduced in HP
Shimla: To ensure safety of women and protect them against atrocities, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to start a `Women Help Line` with a toll free number within a month.
"Women safety is our top priority and women in trouble can immediately dial 108 from the spot, but this Helpline will be exclusively for assisting the women and we are working on its early launch," Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil said on Friday.
"Martial arts apart, I have been taking up this issue at the national level as well and pleaded that National Cadet Corps (NCC) should be made mandatory right from secondary school level," he said.
He said the Social Justice department would ensure the participation of community, gram panchayats and mahila mandals in better implementation of the social welfare schemes.
The minister said the government would focus on strengthening of over 18,000 anganwari centres and will put in efforts to bring qualitative improvement in them and make them child friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez