Toll free `Women Helpline` be introduced in HP
Shimla: To ensure safety of women and protect them against atrocities, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to start a `Women Help Line` with a toll free number within a month.
"Women safety is our top priority and women in trouble can immediately dial 108 from the spot, but this Helpline will be exclusively for assisting the women and we are working on its early launch," Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil said on Friday.
"Martial arts apart, I have been taking up this issue at the national level as well and pleaded that National Cadet Corps (NCC) should be made mandatory right from secondary school level," he said.
He said the Social Justice department would ensure the participation of community, gram panchayats and mahila mandals in better implementation of the social welfare schemes.
The minister said the government would focus on strengthening of over 18,000 anganwari centres and will put in efforts to bring qualitative improvement in them and make them child friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!