Toll free `Women Helpline` be introduced in HP
Shimla: To ensure safety of women and protect them against atrocities, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to start a `Women Help Line` with a toll free number within a month.
"Women safety is our top priority and women in trouble can immediately dial 108 from the spot, but this Helpline will be exclusively for assisting the women and we are working on its early launch," Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil said on Friday.
"Martial arts apart, I have been taking up this issue at the national level as well and pleaded that National Cadet Corps (NCC) should be made mandatory right from secondary school level," he said.
He said the Social Justice department would ensure the participation of community, gram panchayats and mahila mandals in better implementation of the social welfare schemes.
The minister said the government would focus on strengthening of over 18,000 anganwari centres and will put in efforts to bring qualitative improvement in them and make them child friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...