Toll free `Women Helpline` be introduced in HP
Shimla: To ensure safety of women and protect them against atrocities, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to start a `Women Help Line` with a toll free number within a month.
"Women safety is our top priority and women in trouble can immediately dial 108 from the spot, but this Helpline will be exclusively for assisting the women and we are working on its early launch," Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dhani Ram Shandil said on Friday.
"Martial arts apart, I have been taking up this issue at the national level as well and pleaded that National Cadet Corps (NCC) should be made mandatory right from secondary school level," he said.
He said the Social Justice department would ensure the participation of community, gram panchayats and mahila mandals in better implementation of the social welfare schemes.
The minister said the government would focus on strengthening of over 18,000 anganwari centres and will put in efforts to bring qualitative improvement in them and make them child friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon