Train services resume on Kalka-Shimla track
Shimla: Train services resumed on the Kalka-Shimla railway line Friday morning, a day after massive landslides in Himachal Pradesh snapped traffic, an official said here.
"The to and fro traffic between Shimla and Kalka was restored. All trains would operate as per their scheduled timing," station superintendent G.S. Rajput told reporters.
He said traffic remained disrupted throughout the day Thursday as heavy rains damaged the tracks at various points.
Five train services run daily on the 96-km century-old Kalka-Shimla railroad.
UNESCO included the 30-inch gauge Kalka-Shimla rail line in the list of world heritage sites in July 2008.
The scenic journey along the rail line from 640 metres above sea level at Kalka in Haryana to Shimla at 2,060 metres attracts a large number of tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh