Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Tremors were felt in many parts of Himachal Pradesh on Monday after an earthquake of slight intensity hit neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand, the weather office here said.
However, there was no report of any loss of life or damage to property in the hill state.
"Mild tremors were felt for some seconds in several parts in Shimla, Sirmaur, Kangra and Chamba districts," Manmohan Singh, meteorological office director, said.
Tremors of the 4.6 magnitude earthquake were felt in parts of North India, including Himachal, New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, at 11:57 am.
The epicentre was 30.5 north , 79.3 east in the Chamoli region of Uttarakhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire