Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Tremors were felt in many parts of Himachal Pradesh on Monday after an earthquake of slight intensity hit neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand, the weather office here said.
However, there was no report of any loss of life or damage to property in the hill state.
"Mild tremors were felt for some seconds in several parts in Shimla, Sirmaur, Kangra and Chamba districts," Manmohan Singh, meteorological office director, said.
Tremors of the 4.6 magnitude earthquake were felt in parts of North India, including Himachal, New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, at 11:57 am.
The epicentre was 30.5 north , 79.3 east in the Chamoli region of Uttarakhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February