Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Tremors were felt in many parts of Himachal Pradesh on Monday after an earthquake of slight intensity hit neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand, the weather office here said.
However, there was no report of any loss of life or damage to property in the hill state.
"Mild tremors were felt for some seconds in several parts in Shimla, Sirmaur, Kangra and Chamba districts," Manmohan Singh, meteorological office director, said.
Tremors of the 4.6 magnitude earthquake were felt in parts of North India, including Himachal, New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, at 11:57 am.
The epicentre was 30.5 north , 79.3 east in the Chamoli region of Uttarakhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing