Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Tremors were felt in many parts of Himachal Pradesh on Monday after an earthquake of slight intensity hit neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand, the weather office here said.
However, there was no report of any loss of life or damage to property in the hill state.
"Mild tremors were felt for some seconds in several parts in Shimla, Sirmaur, Kangra and Chamba districts," Manmohan Singh, meteorological office director, said.
Tremors of the 4.6 magnitude earthquake were felt in parts of North India, including Himachal, New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, at 11:57 am.
The epicentre was 30.5 north , 79.3 east in the Chamoli region of Uttarakhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir