Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Tremors were felt in many parts of Himachal Pradesh on Monday after an earthquake of slight intensity hit neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand, the weather office here said.
However, there was no report of any loss of life or damage to property in the hill state.
"Mild tremors were felt for some seconds in several parts in Shimla, Sirmaur, Kangra and Chamba districts," Manmohan Singh, meteorological office director, said.
Tremors of the 4.6 magnitude earthquake were felt in parts of North India, including Himachal, New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, at 11:57 am.
The epicentre was 30.5 north , 79.3 east in the Chamoli region of Uttarakhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!