Tribal areas of Himachal reel under cold waves
Shimla: The entire tribal belt of Himachal Pradesh reeled under freezing cold wave conditions as mercury dipped by several notches while mercury rose marginally in mid and lower hills.
The high altitude tribal areas groaned under piercing cold wave conditions with mercury staying below freezing point, bringing normal life to a halt.
Most of the link roads within tribal valleys have been opened but electricity was yet to be fully restored in Kinnaur district.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 11.6 degrees and minus 4.6 degrees Celsius while Manali recorded a low of minus 1.8 degrees C, followed by Bhuntar 3.5 degrees C, Shimla 4.2 degrees C, Palampur 4.5 degrees C, Solan 5.0 degrees C, Nahan and Dharamsala 6.8 degrees C and Una 8.6 degrees C.
Sundernagar was hottest area in the region with maximum temperature at 22.2 degrees C while Una recorded a high of 17.8 degrees C against 22.2 degrees C yesterday.
Dharamsala and Solan recorded a high of 18.4 degrees and 18.0 degrees, followed by Nahan 17.5 degrees, Bhunter 15.4 degrees, Shimla 13.2 degrees and Kalpa 2.0 degrees.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills during next 48 hours and rains or snow in most parts of the state from February 22 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund