Tribal areas of Himachal reel under cold waves
Shimla: The entire tribal belt of Himachal Pradesh reeled under freezing cold wave conditions as mercury dipped by several notches while mercury rose marginally in mid and lower hills.
The high altitude tribal areas groaned under piercing cold wave conditions with mercury staying below freezing point, bringing normal life to a halt.
Most of the link roads within tribal valleys have been opened but electricity was yet to be fully restored in Kinnaur district.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recorded minimum temperatures at minus 11.6 degrees and minus 4.6 degrees Celsius while Manali recorded a low of minus 1.8 degrees C, followed by Bhuntar 3.5 degrees C, Shimla 4.2 degrees C, Palampur 4.5 degrees C, Solan 5.0 degrees C, Nahan and Dharamsala 6.8 degrees C and Una 8.6 degrees C.
Sundernagar was hottest area in the region with maximum temperature at 22.2 degrees C while Una recorded a high of 17.8 degrees C against 22.2 degrees C yesterday.
Dharamsala and Solan recorded a high of 18.4 degrees and 18.0 degrees, followed by Nahan 17.5 degrees, Bhunter 15.4 degrees, Shimla 13.2 degrees and Kalpa 2.0 degrees.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in mid and lower hills during next 48 hours and rains or snow in most parts of the state from February 22 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie