True, transparent journalism should be encouraged: Virbhadra Singh
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday expressed concern over the practice of "yellow journalism" in big media houses, and said true and transparent journalism should be encouraged so that vital socio-economic issues could be highlighted in right perspective.
Presiding over the 34th annual function of `Himachal Kesari` newspaper here, Singh said, "Small newspapers were playing important role by publishing stories on developmental and public welfare oriented policies of the government in the farthest corners of the state."
The government was providing all possible assistance to these small newspapers and periodicals who were working with zeal despite financial constraints, he said.
The Chief Minister honoured various personalities with the Himachal Kesari Award. The awardees included Karan Singh (MLA) for politics, Devesh Kumar (Deputy Commissioner of Mandi) for administration, and Abhishek Dullar (Shimla SP) for police services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug