Twelve die in Himachal Pradesh accident
Shimla: Twelve people, all belonging to a village in Himachal Pradesh`s Chamba district, were killed when a private vehicle skidded off the road and fell into a 700-metre-deep gorge on Sunday night, police officials said.
All 12 bodies were recovered early Monday from the wreckage of the vehicle, an official told a news agency.
The victims, all from Kuthar village, were returning in a multi-utility vehicle after playing a cricket match.
Police officials said the accident occurred Sunday night in Badgran panchayat in Bharmour subdivision, some 85 km from district headquarters Chamba.
Eyewitnesses said the authorities had a tough time extricating the victims from the gorge.
Chamba is one of remotest places in the state and scarcity and low frequency of passenger buses in the district leads to overcrowding of vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP