Two French trekkers go missing in Himachal
Shimla: Two French trekkers, both in their early 20s, have gone missing in Triund area, a popular trekking route near Dharamsala, police said.
Sabir (20) and Valindan (21) had gone for trekking along with their friends but took a different route on the way back and haven`t been seen since, a police official said.
"The two have not been spotted since August 21. A search of the entire trek route was started on Sunday but there is no clue," he said.
Police said a group of 32 foreigners went for trekking to Triund on August 19. Some local trekkers and porters were also accompanying them.
"On August 21 morning, the two trekkers took a different route and went towards the snow line. They told others that they would return to Naddi by evening but there is no trace of them since then," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire