Two French trekkers go missing in Himachal
Shimla: Two French trekkers, both in their early 20s, have gone missing in Triund area, a popular trekking route near Dharamsala, police said.
Sabir (20) and Valindan (21) had gone for trekking along with their friends but took a different route on the way back and haven`t been seen since, a police official said.
"The two have not been spotted since August 21. A search of the entire trek route was started on Sunday but there is no clue," he said.
Police said a group of 32 foreigners went for trekking to Triund on August 19. Some local trekkers and porters were also accompanying them.
"On August 21 morning, the two trekkers took a different route and went towards the snow line. They told others that they would return to Naddi by evening but there is no trace of them since then," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened