Two French trekkers go missing in Himachal
Shimla: Two French trekkers, both in their early 20s, have gone missing in Triund area, a popular trekking route near Dharamsala, police said.
Sabir (20) and Valindan (21) had gone for trekking along with their friends but took a different route on the way back and haven`t been seen since, a police official said.
"The two have not been spotted since August 21. A search of the entire trek route was started on Sunday but there is no clue," he said.
Police said a group of 32 foreigners went for trekking to Triund on August 19. Some local trekkers and porters were also accompanying them.
"On August 21 morning, the two trekkers took a different route and went towards the snow line. They told others that they would return to Naddi by evening but there is no trace of them since then," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh