Two French trekkers go missing in Himachal
Shimla: Two French trekkers, both in their early 20s, have gone missing in Triund area, a popular trekking route near Dharamsala, police said.
Sabir (20) and Valindan (21) had gone for trekking along with their friends but took a different route on the way back and haven`t been seen since, a police official said.
"The two have not been spotted since August 21. A search of the entire trek route was started on Sunday but there is no clue," he said.
Police said a group of 32 foreigners went for trekking to Triund on August 19. Some local trekkers and porters were also accompanying them.
"On August 21 morning, the two trekkers took a different route and went towards the snow line. They told others that they would return to Naddi by evening but there is no trace of them since then," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?