Two killed in Himachal landslide
Shimla: Two members of a family were killed and three others injured on Tuesday when boulders fell on their houses in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district, police said.
"Rescue work is on as three houses were badly damaged in the landslide," a police official told IANS.
He said the victims - a mother and a child - were sleeping in their houses at a village near Bhavanagar, some 200 km from Shimla, when the incident occurred.
The state has not experienced rainfall for over a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!