Two slight intensity quakes in Himachal Pradesh
New Delhi: Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday experienced two slight intensity earthquakes within a span of five hours, Met department said.
The first quake measuring 4.5 on the Richter scale struck Chamba-Lahul-Spiti region at 09:15 am, officials said.
The second quake with an intensity of 4.9 on the Richter scale hit almost the same region at 02:05 pm.
The epicentres of both the quakes were located 10 km from Chamba district, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace