Two workers buried alive in Sirmaur
Nahan (Himachal Pradesh): Two workers, engaged in the construction of a link road, were killed in a mudslide in moutainous Sirmaur district, some 100-km from here, early Monday morning, police said.
Some eight labourers were carrying out the construction work when the incident happened in Sangrah area, Additional SP Bhagat Ram Thakur said.
"Two workers were buried alive when sand and mud suddenly started falling from the hill," an eye-witness said.
Others were rescued by fellow labourers, the Additional SP said adding a probe had been ordered to ascertain the cause of the mudslide.
In the same district, the body of a 15-year-old boy, a resident of Haryana, was found floating in a river near NCL colony, police said.
Another body of a 22-year-old man was found in an irrigation canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened