Two workers buried alive in Sirmaur
Nahan (Himachal Pradesh): Two workers, engaged in the construction of a link road, were killed in a mudslide in moutainous Sirmaur district, some 100-km from here, early Monday morning, police said.
Some eight labourers were carrying out the construction work when the incident happened in Sangrah area, Additional SP Bhagat Ram Thakur said.
"Two workers were buried alive when sand and mud suddenly started falling from the hill," an eye-witness said.
Others were rescued by fellow labourers, the Additional SP said adding a probe had been ordered to ascertain the cause of the mudslide.
In the same district, the body of a 15-year-old boy, a resident of Haryana, was found floating in a river near NCL colony, police said.
Another body of a 22-year-old man was found in an irrigation canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US