Two workers buried alive in Sirmaur
Nahan (Himachal Pradesh): Two workers, engaged in the construction of a link road, were killed in a mudslide in moutainous Sirmaur district, some 100-km from here, early Monday morning, police said.
Some eight labourers were carrying out the construction work when the incident happened in Sangrah area, Additional SP Bhagat Ram Thakur said.
"Two workers were buried alive when sand and mud suddenly started falling from the hill," an eye-witness said.
Others were rescued by fellow labourers, the Additional SP said adding a probe had been ordered to ascertain the cause of the mudslide.
In the same district, the body of a 15-year-old boy, a resident of Haryana, was found floating in a river near NCL colony, police said.
Another body of a 22-year-old man was found in an irrigation canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured