Two workers buried alive in Sirmaur
Nahan (Himachal Pradesh): Two workers, engaged in the construction of a link road, were killed in a mudslide in moutainous Sirmaur district, some 100-km from here, early Monday morning, police said.
Some eight labourers were carrying out the construction work when the incident happened in Sangrah area, Additional SP Bhagat Ram Thakur said.
"Two workers were buried alive when sand and mud suddenly started falling from the hill," an eye-witness said.
Others were rescued by fellow labourers, the Additional SP said adding a probe had been ordered to ascertain the cause of the mudslide.
In the same district, the body of a 15-year-old boy, a resident of Haryana, was found floating in a river near NCL colony, police said.
Another body of a 22-year-old man was found in an irrigation canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?