UK offers help to solve mystery behind killing of Briton
Dharamsala: With mystery still shrouding the
alleged murder of a British charity worker near here over
three years ago, the United Kingdom has offered to help sort
out the case.
A team of British police officials and the Interpol is
coming here to help solve the mystery behind the killing of
Micheal Blakey, Deputy Inspector General of Police (CID) N
Venugopal said quoting a communication received by the
Ministry of External Affairs in this regard.
Micheal Blakey, a volunteer of Dharamsala-based
charitable trust Ton Len, was found dead with his body covered
with boulders near a stream close to the cemetery of St John`s
church of Mcleodganj about 15 km from here in November 2006.
The post-mortem conducted at Dharamsala had revealed that
the British national died due to strangulation and extensive
injuries to his head.
Blakey`s cellular phone was recovered from a shopkeeper
in Ludhiana in Punjab by the police.
The police initially suspected involment of a tea vendor
at Mcleodganj Pawan Bhardwaj in the killing who had married
Blakey`s colleague Rachel Owen. Police had even questioned
Bhardwaj but he later migrated to Scotland.
Blakey who had designed projects for improving lives
of slum dwellers living on the outskirts of Dharamsala, wanted
to build a big hostel for street children.
His parents donated money for the purpose after his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing