Unseasonal snowfall in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Queen of Hills Darjeeling
and its adjacent areas witnessed unseasonal snowfall accompanied by hailstorm and rain Friday.
The town and its adjacent localities experienced 1 inch
to 1.5 inch snowfall between 11.15 am and 11.45 am, the
Darjeeling district administration said.
A very unusual phenomenon in the month of April, the
snowfall delighted tourists.
LB Dukpa, a 90-year-old resident of the hills, said he
has never witnessed snowfall in this time of the year in his
Darjeeling has been experiencing rains for the past three
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!