Unseasonal snowfall in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Queen of Hills Darjeeling
and its adjacent areas witnessed unseasonal snowfall accompanied by hailstorm and rain Friday.
The town and its adjacent localities experienced 1 inch
to 1.5 inch snowfall between 11.15 am and 11.45 am, the
Darjeeling district administration said.
A very unusual phenomenon in the month of April, the
snowfall delighted tourists.
LB Dukpa, a 90-year-old resident of the hills, said he
has never witnessed snowfall in this time of the year in his
Darjeeling has been experiencing rains for the past three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding