Unseasonal snowfall in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Queen of Hills Darjeeling
and its adjacent areas witnessed unseasonal snowfall accompanied by hailstorm and rain Friday.
The town and its adjacent localities experienced 1 inch
to 1.5 inch snowfall between 11.15 am and 11.45 am, the
Darjeeling district administration said.
A very unusual phenomenon in the month of April, the
snowfall delighted tourists.
LB Dukpa, a 90-year-old resident of the hills, said he
has never witnessed snowfall in this time of the year in his
Darjeeling has been experiencing rains for the past three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!