Unseasonal snowfall in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Queen of Hills Darjeeling
and its adjacent areas witnessed unseasonal snowfall accompanied by hailstorm and rain Friday.
The town and its adjacent localities experienced 1 inch
to 1.5 inch snowfall between 11.15 am and 11.45 am, the
Darjeeling district administration said.
A very unusual phenomenon in the month of April, the
snowfall delighted tourists.
LB Dukpa, a 90-year-old resident of the hills, said he
has never witnessed snowfall in this time of the year in his
Darjeeling has been experiencing rains for the past three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence