UPA government has neglected Dalits: BJP
Shimla: BJP`s Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Morcha today accused the UPA government of "ignoring Dalits and of being insincere in implementing schemes and policies for the welfare of the community".
"The UPA government neglected the dalits, did not prepare a plan of action for their speedy development and miserably failed to implement the plans and schemes prepared for upliftment of these classes.
"It is because of the bias of Congress and UPA against dalits that they still remain to be poor, deprived and underprivileged even after 65 years of Independence," the Morcha`s President Dushyant Gautam alleged on Sunday.
Speaking to reporters here, Gautam claimed the community was better off in BJP-ruled states since the governments there had prepared novel schemes for education and employment of Dalits and implemented the reservations in true spirit.
Expecting overwhelming support from the community to BJP in the upcoming Himachal Pradesh assembly polls, Gautam said the state BJP government had not only taken a series of measures for upliftment of Dalits but also earmarked 25 per cent of the budget under the scheduled caste component plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'