Upper parts of Himachal still reeling under cold; plains warm
Shimla: Tribal and other high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh continued to witness cold wave conditions while there was marginal fluctuations in mercury in mid and lower hills.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature touching 30.6 degree Celsius, while Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.9 deg C followed by Kalpa minus 0.4 deg C and Manali 3.6 deg C.
The day temperatures dropped by one to two degree in mid hills as sky remained partially cloudy and Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded maximum day temperature at 27.2 deg C, followed Solan 26.0 deg C, Nahan 24.3 deg C, Dharamsala 21.6 deg C, Shimla 21.4 deg C and Kalpa 06.4 deg C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 6.3 deg C while Solan and Sundernagar recorded a low of 7.2 deg C, followed by Una 9.7 deg C, Shimla 10.1 deg C, Palampur 10.7 deg C, Nahan 11.1 deg C and Dharamsala 11.8 deg C C, two to five deg C above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next four days with no appreciable change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional