Upper parts of Himachal still reeling under cold; plains warm
Shimla: Tribal and other high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh continued to witness cold wave conditions while there was marginal fluctuations in mercury in mid and lower hills.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature touching 30.6 degree Celsius, while Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.9 deg C followed by Kalpa minus 0.4 deg C and Manali 3.6 deg C.
The day temperatures dropped by one to two degree in mid hills as sky remained partially cloudy and Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded maximum day temperature at 27.2 deg C, followed Solan 26.0 deg C, Nahan 24.3 deg C, Dharamsala 21.6 deg C, Shimla 21.4 deg C and Kalpa 06.4 deg C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 6.3 deg C while Solan and Sundernagar recorded a low of 7.2 deg C, followed by Una 9.7 deg C, Shimla 10.1 deg C, Palampur 10.7 deg C, Nahan 11.1 deg C and Dharamsala 11.8 deg C C, two to five deg C above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next four days with no appreciable change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez