Upper parts of Himachal still reeling under cold; plains warm
Shimla: Tribal and other high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh continued to witness cold wave conditions while there was marginal fluctuations in mercury in mid and lower hills.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature touching 30.6 degree Celsius, while Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.9 deg C followed by Kalpa minus 0.4 deg C and Manali 3.6 deg C.
The day temperatures dropped by one to two degree in mid hills as sky remained partially cloudy and Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded maximum day temperature at 27.2 deg C, followed Solan 26.0 deg C, Nahan 24.3 deg C, Dharamsala 21.6 deg C, Shimla 21.4 deg C and Kalpa 06.4 deg C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 6.3 deg C while Solan and Sundernagar recorded a low of 7.2 deg C, followed by Una 9.7 deg C, Shimla 10.1 deg C, Palampur 10.7 deg C, Nahan 11.1 deg C and Dharamsala 11.8 deg C C, two to five deg C above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next four days with no appreciable change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport