Upper parts of Himachal still reeling under cold; plains warm
Shimla: Tribal and other high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh continued to witness cold wave conditions while there was marginal fluctuations in mercury in mid and lower hills.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature touching 30.6 degree Celsius, while Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with minimum temperature at minus 6.9 deg C followed by Kalpa minus 0.4 deg C and Manali 3.6 deg C.
The day temperatures dropped by one to two degree in mid hills as sky remained partially cloudy and Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded maximum day temperature at 27.2 deg C, followed Solan 26.0 deg C, Nahan 24.3 deg C, Dharamsala 21.6 deg C, Shimla 21.4 deg C and Kalpa 06.4 deg C.
Bhuntar recorded minimum temperature at 6.3 deg C while Solan and Sundernagar recorded a low of 7.2 deg C, followed by Una 9.7 deg C, Shimla 10.1 deg C, Palampur 10.7 deg C, Nahan 11.1 deg C and Dharamsala 11.8 deg C C, two to five deg C above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather in the region during next four days with no appreciable change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony