Uproar in Himachal Assembly over Dhumal`s remarks
Shimla: Pandemonium prevailed in Himachal Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday as agitated Congress members protested
over certain remarks made by Chief Minister PK Dhumal against
Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes, as soon as the
House assembled, referred to some news reports in which the
Chief Minister had made the remarks against the Congress
The House had to be adjourned for the day after
repeated requests by the Speaker to maintain decorum had
little effect on the Congress members who shouted slogans
terming the remarks as derogatory.
However, the House transacted the entire business
listed for the day and three important bills were also
The Congress members did not participate in the
Later, addressing a rally, Congress leaders including
Union Minister V B Singh, AICC general secretary Barinder
Chowdhary and HPCC president Kaul Singh attacked the BJP
government alleging there was rampant corruption in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter