Uproar in Himachal Assembly over Dhumal`s remarks
Shimla: Pandemonium prevailed in Himachal Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday as agitated Congress members protested
over certain remarks made by Chief Minister PK Dhumal against
Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes, as soon as the
House assembled, referred to some news reports in which the
Chief Minister had made the remarks against the Congress
The House had to be adjourned for the day after
repeated requests by the Speaker to maintain decorum had
little effect on the Congress members who shouted slogans
terming the remarks as derogatory.
However, the House transacted the entire business
listed for the day and three important bills were also
The Congress members did not participate in the
Later, addressing a rally, Congress leaders including
Union Minister V B Singh, AICC general secretary Barinder
Chowdhary and HPCC president Kaul Singh attacked the BJP
government alleging there was rampant corruption in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands