Urmila Singh takes oath as 23rd Governor of Himachal
Shimla: Urmila Singh on Monday took oath as
the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
She was administered the oath by Acting Chief Justice
of Himachal Pradesh High Court R B Mishra in a function at the
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, Leader of Opposition
in the state Assembly Vidya Stokes and a host of state
ministers and senior officials were present during the
The ceremony coincided with 40th statehood day of HP.
It was on January 25, 1971 that HP became the 18th state of
Singh (63), who was Chairperson of National Scheduled
Tribes Commission before becoming the 23rd Governor of the
hill state, is the fourth woman to hold the office.
Sheila Kaul, V S Ramadevi and Prabha Rau had served as
governors in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey