Urmila Singh takes oath as 23rd Governor of Himachal
Shimla: Urmila Singh on Monday took oath as
the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
She was administered the oath by Acting Chief Justice
of Himachal Pradesh High Court R B Mishra in a function at the
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, Leader of Opposition
in the state Assembly Vidya Stokes and a host of state
ministers and senior officials were present during the
The ceremony coincided with 40th statehood day of HP.
It was on January 25, 1971 that HP became the 18th state of
Singh (63), who was Chairperson of National Scheduled
Tribes Commission before becoming the 23rd Governor of the
hill state, is the fourth woman to hold the office.
Sheila Kaul, V S Ramadevi and Prabha Rau had served as
governors in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing