Urmila Singh takes oath as 23rd Governor of Himachal
Shimla: Urmila Singh on Monday took oath as
the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
She was administered the oath by Acting Chief Justice
of Himachal Pradesh High Court R B Mishra in a function at the
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, Leader of Opposition
in the state Assembly Vidya Stokes and a host of state
ministers and senior officials were present during the
The ceremony coincided with 40th statehood day of HP.
It was on January 25, 1971 that HP became the 18th state of
Singh (63), who was Chairperson of National Scheduled
Tribes Commission before becoming the 23rd Governor of the
hill state, is the fourth woman to hold the office.
Sheila Kaul, V S Ramadevi and Prabha Rau had served as
governors in the past.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader