US national`s gang-rape: Himachal Police file chargesheet
Shimla: Within a week of the alleged gang-rape of a 30-year-old US national in Himachal Pradesh`s Manali tourist resort, police have filed a chargesheet against the three accused, all drivers of Nepali nationality, an officer said on Wednesday.
The chargesheet was filed against Arjun, Lucky and Som Bahadur Tamang in the court of Civil Judge-cum-Judicial Magistrate Gaurav Sharma in Manali on Tuesday, Superintendent of Police Vinod Dhawan said on phone.
The accused, who were arrested two days after the crime, are currently in judicial remand till June 17.
The woman who reached Manali, some 500 km from the national capital Delhi, with three other women just a day before the crime, alleged that she was repeatedly raped by three men who offered her lift in a vehicle early June 4 when she could not find a taxi on the outskirts of Manali.
Police said the men drove the woman to a secluded spot to rape and rob her.
Earlier, counsel for the accused had refused for the identification parade of the trio in front of the victim.
Dhawan said a report from the state forensic science laboratory is awaited and would be submitted later in the court.
The accused have been charged with rape, abduction and other relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The victim, who is on a tourist visa and has been declared a government guest, is currently touring the picturesque Kullu Valley, known for attracting backpackers, especially from the US, Britain, Italy, France and Germany, said police officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened