Veteran woman freedom fighter dies
Shimla: Veteran freedom fighter of Himachal
Pradesh Almo Devi died on Sunday at her village Bhajaun in Rajgarh
area of Sirmour district at the age of 105.
An active member of the Praja Mandal movement and a
contemporary of freedom fighters like Vaid Surat Singh, Pt
Padam dev and Pandit Shivanand Ramaul, Almo was ailing for
sometime, family sources said.
She was in the forefront of the country`s freedom
struggle and fought against both the rulers of erstwhile
princely states and the British government.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has expressed grief
over the death of Almo Devi and conveyed his condolences to
bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman