Veteran woman freedom fighter dies
Shimla: Veteran freedom fighter of Himachal
Pradesh Almo Devi died on Sunday at her village Bhajaun in Rajgarh
area of Sirmour district at the age of 105.
An active member of the Praja Mandal movement and a
contemporary of freedom fighters like Vaid Surat Singh, Pt
Padam dev and Pandit Shivanand Ramaul, Almo was ailing for
sometime, family sources said.
She was in the forefront of the country`s freedom
struggle and fought against both the rulers of erstwhile
princely states and the British government.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has expressed grief
over the death of Almo Devi and conveyed his condolences to
bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir