Veteran woman freedom fighter dies
Shimla: Veteran freedom fighter of Himachal
Pradesh Almo Devi died on Sunday at her village Bhajaun in Rajgarh
area of Sirmour district at the age of 105.
An active member of the Praja Mandal movement and a
contemporary of freedom fighters like Vaid Surat Singh, Pt
Padam dev and Pandit Shivanand Ramaul, Almo was ailing for
sometime, family sources said.
She was in the forefront of the country`s freedom
struggle and fought against both the rulers of erstwhile
princely states and the British government.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has expressed grief
over the death of Almo Devi and conveyed his condolences to
bereaved family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead