Victory in Guj, Himachal will clear the way to Delhi: Dhumal
New Delhi: Seeking to retain power, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Tuesday said the party`s victory in the state and Gujarat will pave the way for it to form a government at the Centre.
"To win Delhi, we have to first ensure BJP`s victory in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat," Dhumal said while addressing party supporters in the national capital.
Asking the people from the state to help in bringing back the BJP government in Himachal and create history, Dhumal said "we have reduced distances.... We have stopped discrimination between different areas of the state. Now it is one Himachal."
Listing out various achievements of his regime, he questioned why people "should vote for the Congress which has never fought for the state`s interest and instead harmed it by reducing the special economic package available to new industry being set up in the state."
He said during the four years the per capita of the state had grown from Rs 43,900 to Rs 73,600 per annum, which was a little less than that of Rs 75,000 in Gujarat.
Earlier, former Chief Minister and senior party leader Shanta Kumar lashed out at the UPA government at the Centre for being the "most-corrupt" government after independence which had "plundered" the nation.
"The nation is standing on a precariously. After independence this is the most corrupt government we have seen. Even Ghazni and Ghori and the British have not looted the nation as much our own people have looted it and turned it hollow due to rising levels of corruption," he said.
Asking people to support BJP, Shanta Kumar said "Punjab has shown the path by repeating the BJP regime, it is now Himachal`s turn to do so and repeat history."
Earlier, incharge of party affairs in the state Kalraj Mishra and co-incharge Shyam Jaju said all eyes were on Gujarat and Himchal which will prove to be gateways for BJP`s regime at the Centre. Party leaders from the state JP Nadda and Anurag Thakur also spoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown