Video CD in circulation against Himachal Congress leader
Shimla: A video CD portraying a senior Congress leader from Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi with a woman is in circulation in the district ahead of the Mandi Lok Sabha by-poll on June 23, police officials said on Friday, adding a case will be filed.
"We have received a complaint on circulation of a CD. We are going to register an FIR (First Information Report)," said a senior police official.
Sources said the authenticity of the video CD is questionable.
They said the issue was brought to the notice of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, following which it was decided to register a case and hand over the probe to the state CID.
The Mandi Parliamentary seat was represented by Virbhadra Singh until he resigned following his election to the state assembly in December 2012 and his taking over the reins of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'