Vigilance Bureau registers case in Pulse scam
Shimla: The state Vigilance Bureau has
registered a case in connection with the multi-crore pulses
purchase scam in Himachal Pradesh`s Civil Supplies
The case was registered after the Vigilance Bureau
detected irregularities in the tendering process during
scrutiny of records.
The Bureau has initially registered case against one
person only under Prevention of Corruption Act even though two
officers of the corporation - a general manager and an
assistant procurement officer - were suspended a few days ago
on the basis of the departmental enquiry.
On the basis of the findings, it was concluded that the
alleged manipulations caused a loss of over Rs 1 crore per
month to the corporation.
The preliminary findings found that prima facie, the
bidding process was adversely affected due to the unauthorised
manipulation of tender conditions which was done deliberately
by officers of the Corporation to favour certain firms, DIG,
(SV and ACB), Himanshu Mishra said.
The alleged irregularities in the tenders pertain to
charges for transporting pulses from the Mumbai port, grading
and packaging by the corporation.
The corporation procures over 3,700 metric tonnes of
pulses every month for distribution through fair price shops
to over 16 lakh ration card holders across the state.
The pulses purchased by the Corporation included chana
dal, urad dal and kala chana for supply under subsidised
ration scheme to all ration card holders including the Above
Poverty Line (APL) families through PDS.
The government was providing a subsidy of Rs 120 crore on
subsidised ration scheme.
The government had ordered an inquiry after the issue was
raised in the Vidhan Sabha during the winter session and the
inquiry revealed irregularities in the tendering process.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!