Virbhadra demands CBI probe, FIR against Dhumal in CD case
Shimla: Union Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday
demanded a CBI probe and registration of case against Himachal
Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal in connection with
the controversy over CDs purportedly containing the voice of
Dhumal ordering tapping of Singh`s telephone.
"When an FIR can be registered against me on the basis
of a false and fabricated CD released against me in 2007, why
not the same be done now?," Singh told reporters here, adding
there should not be two sets of rules.
Dismissing the CID inquiry as an "eyewash", Singh said as
the bigwigs like CM and Director General of Police (vigilance)
are allegedly involved in the matter, a state agency has
limited scope to act against them.
"Only a probe by CBI can unravel the truth in the
matter," Singh, who had served as Himachal CM for five times
before becoming a Union Minister, said.
He said "somebody within the BJP is actually the director
and producer of the CDs."
Singh said telephone tapping of a central minister was a
"serious offence" and urged Union Home ministry to take strong
note of the matter.
On Dhumal dubbing the CDs as "fabricated and a
cut-and-paste exercise", Singh said unlike audio cassettes
from which a CD was created against him, it was hard to
fabricate a CD.
Singh demanded that Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar take
cognisance of BJP MP from Shimla (reserved) Virendra Kashyap
purportedly featuring in a video CD showing him accepting
money for setting up an educational institution in Solan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video