Virbhadra demands Rs 7565 cr special pacakge for H
New Delhi: Himachal Pradesh government on Sunday demanded a Rs 7,565 crore special economic package from the Centre to tide over difficult financial situation in the state.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh made this demand during a meeting with Finance Minister P Chidambaram here.
He contended that the 13th Finance Commission has "misjudged" the committed liabilities of the state in terms of pension, salaries and interest and the same is set to increase from Rs 3,522 crore during 2012-13 to Rs 4,043 crore during 2013-14.
Singh demanded all centrally sponsored schemes should be uniformly funded in the ratio of 90:10 for all special category states and restoration of the reduction in Special Central Assistance allocation of Rs 106 crore for the current financial year.
He said the discontinuation of special package of industrial incentive was adversely impacting growth and employment opportunities in the state and urged the Centre to restore it till 2020.
Chidambaram assured Singh on liberal financial assistance to expedite the development process in the state, a Himachal government release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH