Virbhadra demands Rs 7565 cr special pacakge for Himachal
New Delhi/ Himachal Pradesh: Himachal Pradesh government on Sunday demanded a Rs 7,565 crore special economic package from the Centre to tide over difficult financial situation in the state.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh made this demand during a meeting with Finance Minister P Chidambaram here.
He contended that the 13th Finance Commission has "misjudged" the committed liabilities of the state in terms of pension, salaries and interest and the same is set to increase from Rs 3,522 crore during 2012-13 to Rs 4,043 crore during 2013-14.
Singh demanded all centrally sponsored schemes should be uniformly funded in the ratio of 90:10 for all special category states and restoration of the reduction in Special Central Assistance allocation of Rs 106 crore for the current financial year.
He said the discontinuation of special package of industrial incentive was adversely impacting growth and employment opportunities in the state and urged the Centre to restore it till 2020.
Chidambaram assured Singh on liberal financial assistance to expedite the development process in the state, a Himachal Government release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary