Virbhadra denies allegations of Congress MLA
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday denied allegations that he had implicated a Congress legislator in a murder case.
Congress MLA Ram Kumar Chowdhary had earlier accused the Chief Minister of implicating him in the murder of a girl.
"How can I or Himachal government play a role in it," he told reporters adding that the allegation is "totally false".
BJP today raised the issue in Assembly before it was adjourned sine die.
"The BJP, which is frustrated for want for issues and fearing inquiries into alleged misdeeds and irregularities committed by it, while in power, was trying to rake-up non-issues and shying away from real issues concerning the people and the state," Singh said.
Jyoti (24), a Dalit girl of Bhunga village of Hoshiarpur who worked as an assistant of Chowdhary, was found dead on a road in Sector 21, Panchkula, on November 22, 2012, with her head smashed.
Elected from the Doon Assembly seat Chowdhary, general secretary of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee, went missing since his name figured in the murder of Jyoti, but later surrendered before the court and was remanded to judicial custody. He is the son of four-time Congress MLA, Lajja Ram.
Earlier the victim`s father Butti Ram, had filed a complaint with Haryana Police alleging that Chowdhary had close links with his daughter and could be involved in the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30