Virbhadra denies allegations of Congress MLA
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday denied allegations that he had implicated a Congress legislator in a murder case.
Congress MLA Ram Kumar Chowdhary had earlier accused the Chief Minister of implicating him in the murder of a girl.
"How can I or Himachal government play a role in it," he told reporters adding that the allegation is "totally false".
BJP today raised the issue in Assembly before it was adjourned sine die.
"The BJP, which is frustrated for want for issues and fearing inquiries into alleged misdeeds and irregularities committed by it, while in power, was trying to rake-up non-issues and shying away from real issues concerning the people and the state," Singh said.
Jyoti (24), a Dalit girl of Bhunga village of Hoshiarpur who worked as an assistant of Chowdhary, was found dead on a road in Sector 21, Panchkula, on November 22, 2012, with her head smashed.
Elected from the Doon Assembly seat Chowdhary, general secretary of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee, went missing since his name figured in the murder of Jyoti, but later surrendered before the court and was remanded to judicial custody. He is the son of four-time Congress MLA, Lajja Ram.
Earlier the victim`s father Butti Ram, had filed a complaint with Haryana Police alleging that Chowdhary had close links with his daughter and could be involved in the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player