Virbhadra exhorts employees to work sincerely
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday exhorted the employees to sincerely work for speedy implementation of policies and programmes for welfare of the society.
He said that "Vikas, Vikas and Sampoorn Vikas" (Development, development and complete development) was the main objective of the government.
Addressing the members of Secretariat Employees Confederation at the Secretariat, a day after assuming office, Singh said that the employees, as an integral and inseparable part of the government, plays an important role for the all-round development.
He said that the Congress government believes in impartial, clean, efficient and effective administration with collective efforts of all and had never discriminated with employees.
The chief minister said that the government would extend all its support and co-operation to employees and said that all the demands of the association would be looked into and considered sympathetically.
Meanwhile, Singh called on the former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal at Oakover, official residence of the chief minister.
"It was courtesy call", an official spokesperson said, adding, that Dhumal congratulated the 78-year-old leader for becoming chief minister of the state for the record sixth time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook
- Watch video: Perth zoo rejoices arrival of first Goodfellow's tree kangaroo in thirty-six years!
- Goondaraj in UP? Police sub-inspector hacked to death by armed assailants in Badaun