Virbhadra exhorts employees to work sincerely
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday exhorted the employees to sincerely work for speedy implementation of policies and programmes for welfare of the society.
He said that "Vikas, Vikas and Sampoorn Vikas" (Development, development and complete development) was the main objective of the government.
Addressing the members of Secretariat Employees Confederation at the Secretariat, a day after assuming office, Singh said that the employees, as an integral and inseparable part of the government, plays an important role for the all-round development.
He said that the Congress government believes in impartial, clean, efficient and effective administration with collective efforts of all and had never discriminated with employees.
The chief minister said that the government would extend all its support and co-operation to employees and said that all the demands of the association would be looked into and considered sympathetically.
Meanwhile, Singh called on the former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal at Oakover, official residence of the chief minister.
"It was courtesy call", an official spokesperson said, adding, that Dhumal congratulated the 78-year-old leader for becoming chief minister of the state for the record sixth time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir