Virbhadra flays Dhumal for spending Rs 3 cr for IPL matches
Shimla: Union Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday
criticised the Himachal Pradesh government for spending Rs
three crore from the state exchequer for hosting IPL matches
"IPL (Indian Premier League) is a pure business venture
and an effective means of earning huge profits... there is no
rationale of the state spending Rs three crore for hosting two
IPL matches at Dharamsala," Singh said at the closing ceremony
of a cricket tournament at Nankhari in Shimla.
Players in the IPL championship are chosen at a hefty
price through auction. "This is shear wastage of public
money," Singh said.
The state government had recently provided Rs 3 crore to
spruce up Dharamsala for hosting two IPL matches (the last of
which is scheduled between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super
The matches are hosted by Himachal Pradesh Cricket
Association headed by Anurag Thakur, an MP and the Chief
The state government on one hand cries for lack of fund
to even pay arrears to the employees on time, on the other
hand money is wasted on IPL matches, Singh, five-time CM of
the state in the past, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical