Virbhadra has made no attempt to end impasse in Assembly: BJP
Shimla: Seeking resignation of Virbhadra Singh for a "free and fair" probe into the charges against him, opposition BJP on Sunday said the Chief Minister had not made any effort to end the impasse in the state assembly.
"The allegations of corruption against Singh are under scanner of Delhi High Court which has given one week`s time to Income Tax department to file the report and CBI is conducting a preliminary enquiry (PE). The demand for his resignation is fully justified," party general secretary Randhir Sharma said.
Alleging that the Singh`s "feudal mindset" had not changed even after becoming Chief Minister for the sixth time, Sharma claimed he was not only avoiding the issue of quitting the post but discussion on all matters.
"He has not made any attempt to resolve the impasse continuing in the House for past three days. We are demanding his resignation and also discussion on all related issues," the BJP leader said.
In further criticism of the Chief Minister, Sharma alleged that Singh`s provocative remarks had earlier marred the budget session and now again he was resorting to same tactics to offend the opposition.
"Congress party contested the Lok Sabha polls under the leadership of Singh and lost all four seats and conceded lead to BJP in 59 of 68 Assembly segments which clearly shows that that he has lost people`s mandate and we have full right to ask for his resignation on moral grounds," he said.
Singh has been facing corruption charges lately over "hiding facts" about finances and the opposition BJP has been demanding his resignation over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi