Virbhadra Singh files defamation case against Arun Jaitley, PK Dhumal
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has filed a defamation case against Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Arun Jaitley and PK Dhumal. The three opposition leaders have alleged that the Congress leader accepted Rs 1.5 crore and Rs 2.4 crore through cheques in his and his parliamentarian wife Pratibha Singh`s name from Venture Energy and Technology Pvt Ltd, which was executing a power project in the state.
Thakur last week had asked Virbhadra to quit and sought a CBI probe in corruption charges against him.
"Virbhadra Singh claims he is innocent. Why is he shying off from a CBI probe," Thakur said, speaking to a news agency at the sidelines of a function here.
The Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Jaitley said: "Virbhadra Singh has dared anyone to either lodge an FIR against him or prove the allegations of corruption".
"The Congress party and Virbhadra Singh have decided to brazen out the allegations of corruption. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will hide behind silence," Jaitley wrote on a blog post.
Former Himachal CM Dhumal has claimed that despite most ministers opposed to re-allocating the project to Venture Energy and Technology Pvt Ltd, Virbhadra went ahead with the decision in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday