Virbhadra Singh must come clean: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday flayed Himachal Pradesh Congress chief Virbhadra Singh for threatening to break cameras of mediapersons, saying he should instead worry about the "message" of his alleged involvement in corruption.
Asking the former Himachal Pradesh chief minister to come clean before the public, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said by "attacking media, he cannot escape from the corruption charges".
"Instead of attacking the messengers, he should worry about the message which is very clear about his involvement in corruption," he said.
Singh had threatened mediapersons in Kullu district last evening when some mediapersons sought his reaction to the fresh charges levelled against him by BJP.
Singh is facing charges of forgery, money-laundering, bribe taking and income tax evasion, with BJP demanding a probe against him.
Naqvi also said that Singh has proved wrong Prime Minister`s notion that money does not grow on trees.
"Prime Minister says money does not grow on trees, but Virbhadra has proved that wrong and has proved that money grows on apple trees too," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price