Virbhadra Singh must come clean: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday flayed Himachal Pradesh Congress chief Virbhadra Singh for threatening to break cameras of mediapersons, saying he should instead worry about the "message" of his alleged involvement in corruption.
Asking the former Himachal Pradesh chief minister to come clean before the public, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said by "attacking media, he cannot escape from the corruption charges".
"Instead of attacking the messengers, he should worry about the message which is very clear about his involvement in corruption," he said.
Singh had threatened mediapersons in Kullu district last evening when some mediapersons sought his reaction to the fresh charges levelled against him by BJP.
Singh is facing charges of forgery, money-laundering, bribe taking and income tax evasion, with BJP demanding a probe against him.
Naqvi also said that Singh has proved wrong Prime Minister`s notion that money does not grow on trees.
"Prime Minister says money does not grow on trees, but Virbhadra has proved that wrong and has proved that money grows on apple trees too," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered