Virbhadra Singh rejects CBI probe in alleged graft case
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday reiterated that he has been framed in the alleged graft case and said that the Bharatiya Janata Party is frustrated with Congress` win in the state.
“Their (BJP) entire frustration is with me. They feel they lost because of me and are threatened therefore framing me,” Virbhadra Singh said.
Under attack from the opposition, yesterday he had hit back at his detractors saying that they were unleashing a "slander" campaign against him, and had asked them to move court to prove the charges.
Meanwhile, speaking to an english news channel, Singh`s wife Pratibha Singh today said that, “Virbhadra Singh will not resign as Himachal Pradesh chief minister as the graft charges are not proved yet.
A defiant Pratibha added that the HP CM is even open to an enquiry.
Meanwhile, the defiant Virbhadra Singh denied for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in the alleged graft case, adding that the CM`s office in under the ambit of state Lokayukta then why a CBI probe?
The development came a day after Singh said that former Chief Minister PK Dhumal had brought the political debate to the lowest ebb by continuing to level false charges against him.
"In a democratic polity, governments come and go, and allegations are levelled against political opponents during elections but for the first time the BJP continues to rely on the mud-slinging to malign me," Singh had said, adding that he was only concerned about the people of the state and was not bothered about "what the BJP alleges".
Launching a scathing attack on the BJP, Singh even said that the party members are trying to malign his and Congress party`s image ahead of the upcoming Assembly Elections.
Meanwhile, firing a fresh salvo, BJP today questioned the "silence" of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over corruption allegations against Virbhadra Singh and dared the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister to agree to a CBI probe into the charges which he dubbed as politically motivated.
"The Congress Party and Virbhadra Singh have decided to brazen out the allegations of corruption. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will hide behind silence," Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley today said on his blog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?