Virbhadra Singh takes oath as Himachal Pradesh CM
Shimla: Congress leader Virbhadra Singh took oath as the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh at the historic Ridge Maidan of Shimla on Tuesday.
Governor Urmila Singh administered the oath of office and secrecy to him.
Virbhadra Singh has become the Chief Minister for the sixth time.
The Congress, which put up a spirited campaign under Virbhadra Singh, returned to power after winning 36 seats in Himachal Pradesh.
The results of the Himachal assembly polls were crucial for the future of Virbhadra Singh, who has been the Chief Minister of the state for five times.
Virbhadra Singh, who is the President of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee, won from Shimla (Rural) constituency defeating his BJP opponent Ishwar Rohal by 19,033 votes.
78-year-old Virbhadra Singh, who is a sitting member of Lok Sabha, had to resign from the Union Cabinet over allegations of corruption. He was appointed the Congress Party`s chief in the state just days before the polling.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday