Virbhadra Singh takes oath as Himachal Pradesh CM
Shimla: Congress leader Virbhadra Singh took oath as the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh at the historic Ridge Maidan of Shimla on Tuesday.
Governor Urmila Singh administered the oath of office and secrecy to him.
Virbhadra Singh has become the Chief Minister for the sixth time.
The Congress, which put up a spirited campaign under Virbhadra Singh, returned to power after winning 36 seats in Himachal Pradesh.
The results of the Himachal assembly polls were crucial for the future of Virbhadra Singh, who has been the Chief Minister of the state for five times.
Virbhadra Singh, who is the President of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee, won from Shimla (Rural) constituency defeating his BJP opponent Ishwar Rohal by 19,033 votes.
78-year-old Virbhadra Singh, who is a sitting member of Lok Sabha, had to resign from the Union Cabinet over allegations of corruption. He was appointed the Congress Party`s chief in the state just days before the polling.
With ANI inputs
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor