Virbhadra steps down as HP Cong Committee chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Tuesday accepted the resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh from the presidentship of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC).
Senior Party leader Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu has been nominated to officiate as HPCC president till a permanent appointment is made for the post, AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said in a press release.
Virbhadra Singh was made the HPCC president before the Assembly election in Himachal Pradesh, which saw Congress coming back to power replacing the incumbent BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe
- A massive rift is threatening Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf to collapse
- 46th day of curfew, restrictions cripple Kashmir