Virbhadra steps down as HP Cong Committee chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Tuesday accepted the resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh from the presidentship of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC).
Senior Party leader Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu has been nominated to officiate as HPCC president till a permanent appointment is made for the post, AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said in a press release.
Virbhadra Singh was made the HPCC president before the Assembly election in Himachal Pradesh, which saw Congress coming back to power replacing the incumbent BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon