Virbhadra steps down as HP Cong Committee chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Tuesday accepted the resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh from the presidentship of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC).
Senior Party leader Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu has been nominated to officiate as HPCC president till a permanent appointment is made for the post, AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said in a press release.
Virbhadra Singh was made the HPCC president before the Assembly election in Himachal Pradesh, which saw Congress coming back to power replacing the incumbent BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay
- VVIP choppers deal: ED summons Mitchel's Indian contacts
- Lenovo files trademark for 'Moto Z' smartphone; end of Moto X series?
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor