Virbhadra steps down as HP Cong Committee chief
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Tuesday accepted the resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh from the presidentship of Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC).
Senior Party leader Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu has been nominated to officiate as HPCC president till a permanent appointment is made for the post, AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said in a press release.
Virbhadra Singh was made the HPCC president before the Assembly election in Himachal Pradesh, which saw Congress coming back to power replacing the incumbent BJP government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources